Sunday 26 October 2014

A moment to look back

This writing journey has been amazing and I am so thankful for those quiet moments when I get to sit and make up stories in my head. There are times I wish for more time, more peace and quiet.
But, I know it's foolish. I want to take a moment to look back on one part of the last year when I had lots of quiet time, but that wasn't so hot. When I think back to how poorly I was this time last year I can't help but feel so very lucky.
I've never been hit by something as bad as the bronchitis that floored me for 4weeks last October, and never want to again! When every breath you takes is painful and you can taste the infection inside of you with each exhale, it is incredibly scary. I didn't want to eat, had no energy to move and no breath to talk. I was a zombie, and I'm so glad to have gotten past it and had a healthy year since then.
Sometimes we all should sit back and take stock of the good and bad, the trials and the triumphs.
I feel very lucky for all the good in my life xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment