Tuesday 3 March 2015

A little bit of Flash Fiction

Hi everyone,
I thought I'd share a teeny little tale I wrote last year, just because it's sat here on my laptop doing nothing but wait, so I thought I'd share it with the world :-)
I hope you like the little tidbit into my brain and the very dark places I can go to (as if you guys didn't know that already lol.) Let me know what you think, enjoy!


***

The Monster -  

I am a modern day monster. I look like you, I act like you, and yet underneath my armour of ordinary and my disguise of the smile, my blood is poison and my heart is made of stone. No one ever sees me coming and then when they are too swept up in themselves to notice, I turn their lives upside down and walk away with my head held high and my heart a little darker. 
And yet, I yearn for a connection, a dark passion, a beauty for the beast who lives within these layers of flesh and bone.
I want somebody to know who I am and love me regardless. But, until then I will dominate my pain and I will hide it away. I will smile, I will blend in, and all the while I will maintain my armour of ordinary. I will pretend for as long as it takes, because I hope the stories are true. I wish the beast within can someday be loved by the beauty that sees its soul and doesn't run away in fear. 
I just cannot believe it.
The world is ugly, the world is cruel and it is full of cruel and ugly people.
Perhaps, after all, I am not the beast in this dark tale?
Perhaps I am the beauty and the world is the unloved beast? This life is the monster I cannot bear to hold, taste, touch and love?
Perhaps.


***

(This is my own, 100% original work of fiction, and is copyrighted to me, Laura Morgan. Any copying or use outside of this blog is only allowed with express permission by me, otherwise is an infringement of copyright law. Please don't be a douchebag and try to steal it or rewrite it as your own, it's happened before and it's just not cool!)

No comments:

Post a Comment