Saturday 10 September 2016

Coming soon, book 3 in my Invasion Day series...

Resonant
The third book in my dystopian science fiction is now officially on its way :-D

I can't wait to bring you all the next instalment, and would like to offer an official excerpt exclusive to my blog...

“How is he?” Kyra had to ask, and Thrayke frowned. He was used to this question by now, thanks to her having asked almost everyday, but she knew Thrayke still hated her need to enquire after his leader’s wellbeing. Her memories of Kronus and the way he’d once been so affectionate and caring were still with her day and night though and she missed him, as both a friend and as the Thrak who she had idolized since he’d saved her life as a child. Kyra simply couldn’t forget her affection for Kronus, no matter how much it pained her to think of him.
“He’s quiet, reclusive, grumpy, and he’s let his beard grow again. He still rubs it when he’s anxious, which seems to be a lot of the time—despite the success of his mission to Earth.” Thrayke left his food as well and watched Kyra with a sad look on his weary face. “He asked about you and your final days again. I think he misses you. I know he’d never say it, but I believe there’s a tremendous amount of regret hounding him for the way your life went in the end. And how he treated you.”
“How can you tell if he won’t say it though?” she asked, ignoring the iciness rolling off him. 
“Because he looks like I know I would if I’d lost you that day. Like he’s left a part of himself behind, and whether he admits it or not, I know it’s the part of himself he gave to you.” Kyra’s heart pounded harder in her chest.






No comments:

Post a Comment