Tuesday 24 June 2014

New projects

I've just put the finishing touches to my new novel, a stand alone book completely separate to my Black Rose series and I'm super proud of it I must admit!
This one is a crime/romance novel (is that even a genre?) hard to label it but it is definitely not gothic or paranormal, the idea came to me just a few weeks ago and I've been slaving away ever since. In three weeks I have 82k words for the skeletal draft, a pretty good effort I'd say and tonight I put the finishing touches to the ending. I was toying with the happy/obvious/kill everyone (joke) finish but i think i got the right dynamic. This novel is not part of a series after all and so cliffhangers most certainly aren't allowed, but I have devised a nice way of ending it that leaves the future open to interpretation by the reader which I hope will be a nice way of doing it. Perhaps during the editing phase I will leave all doubt aside and write in a quick epilogue but I will just have to wait and see what feels right.
I can't wait to get my beta readers on the go soon, then I'll know for sure if it was well received or seen as too much of a cliffhanger i suppose. I look forward to bringing my readers a new tale, a new twist on my normal writing genre but with ever the same style and passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment