Friday 21 November 2014

What a crazy time

The past few weeks have been an absolute whirlwind of emotions and very busy days with these little books of mine ;-) I released book four of my Black Rose series a week ago, and have had loads of amazing feedback and reviews already. I'm so glad everyone who's given their time to my series is not left feeling as though their invested emotion has been wasted on Cate and her family of dark and light beings.
There is only one book left in their tale, and it will be the culmination of every question unanswered and cliffhangers I've teased you with along the way. I have thoroughly enjoyed coming up with their dark world, and truly appreciate those of you that have immersed yourselves in it with me, and become believers in my new worlds of light and dark :-)

So many people ask me where the inspiration comes from for these books, and I honestly can only ever say that it is all from my own imagination. Yes there are plenty of shows, movies and books out there along the same devil/demon/angel theme, but I hand-on-heart do not ever use their storylines as inspiration. My mind is full of vivid and very real worlds that I can close my eyes and transport to, and as odd as that sounds it is very true.
I've always had this strange gift, and never realised that it was because I was a writer until my mid-twenties. Now that I've cultivated that gift, those ideas are flowing in a way I can't, and don't want to, stop. I think when you are truly a creative mind, you don't need to copy anyone else, and hope to continue that way for the rest of my life.
You might be wondering why I find myself explaining this issue. It's not that anyone has accused me of copying storylines or anything, it's actually the complete opposite.
We learn new lessons every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment