Sunday 1 December 2013

Where to start…...

Well, how do I actually start with a blog? Where do we go from here? I suppose, a bit about myself might be a good place, but I don't feel like I'm ready to get all personal just yet.

I will say, however, that I want to write. I've always wanted to, I've just never been able to put things from my brain to the page as eloquently as I wanted to. It took me until this year to finally try, and that was because a story just wouldn't go away, I have a system, you see.

I think up my story, laying out the characters and plots, and I live it. In my head. It's strange, maybe even mentally unstable, I presume some might say that I'm unhappy with my own life and that's why I think up these crazy, fun, sexy and sometimes outrageous lives and live them, in my own head. I've always done it, I remember as a child telling myself stories to fall asleep at night, it would stop my brain worrying and processing all the stuff it does, we all do it, climb into bed exhausted and then your brain won't let you switch off, and it takes you ages to drift off.

Well, telling myself a story has me fast off in minutes. The system works! The problem is that sometimes I become so engrossed in a story I convince myself I need an early night, or take an extra long nap just so I can go back and think up some more, carry on with the world inside my head. It's only this year that I've forced myself to write it out rather than just think it, or allow myself to get to a certain point in the story and then re-tell it, promising myself that I will write it down when I get up. And that's what I've been doing, writing, at last! 

No comments:

Post a Comment